What happens at a consult with me
Visits usually last around an hour and a half
Please don’t feed your baby within an hour or so before our visit.
When you scheule a visit with me, we set up a tentative time. Because I travel to you, and I may be coming from a previous consult which could be far away from your home, I want to stay in touch with you about your baby’s feeding time. I try to be at your home about and hour and a half to two hours after a previous feeding.
I need to see a full feeding, from start to finish. Please keep that in mind when we schedule and as you go through your day.
Here’s how a typical visit goes:
- Chat about medical histery and this labor and birth
- Weight Baby and quick oral exam
- Quick assessment of Mom’s breasts for any challenges
- Get Baby latched and assess for transfer and Mom’s comfort
- Engage the use of any tools to help Baby transfer milk more effectively and efficiently and comfortably
- We can talk about pumping and how to fit it into your schedule
- We talk about any other concerns you might have and disavow you of any myths you might have heard.